Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Planning Wall



Although I drew out the plan in about 15 minutes, there were many thoughts running through my head as I did it.

Although I want to be a "planner" for a living, planning my own life has proven to be quite hard. There are so many things that just assumed. But writing a plan means that there has to be a Plan B. Quite truthfully, I haven't thought that far in advance. That means that I have to get over with plan A. Writing this down also gives you a timetable about when things should happen. It is a great opportunity to see if you are moving forward or if you are letting your fears and phobias get the best of you. I just wish that this exercise had come much earlier in my life. It would have allowed me to focus on a PARTICULAR goal. This is important because without that, you are just going thru the motions. I didn't want to wake up at 50 and say GOTDAMMIT...I hate my job and where the hell is my life. But I was well on my way because I was doing the things that I was supposed to do like go to school and get a job...Blah, blah, blah. Nobody ever tells you to find your passion and pursue it. That is the key. Anyways, enough with my babbling.

I can't find any pictures of my role models. Amazing...only two people come to mind. One is a professor at UIC! I have added her to the role model list because I admire her work. And she works sorta around the area that I see myself in.

Update: I now have two role models. Jane Jacobs (pictured top left at age 81) and Janet L. Smith.

1 comment:

  1. Nice...planning is hard...I hate it..lol..but it has to be done

    ReplyDelete